Smart Charge Hawaii Case Study
Hawaii was the first state to commit to reach 100% renewable energy by 2045 and will reach 30% by the end of 2020.
To support EV adoption and help Hawaii achieve its 100% renewable goal, Hawaiian Electric, the state’s largest electric utility, partnered Enel X Way and Elemental Excelerator to launch Smart Charge Hawaii, which provided customer engagement, EV charging infrastructure and grid services.
This case study will include Enel X Way residential program results:
- Program Objectives & Design
- Incentives & Customer Enrollment
- Awareness Campaign
- Customer Satisfaction
- EVSE Load Management & Demand Response Results
- Capacity Bidding & Performance Evaluation
- Smart Charging Loyalty Program, known as JuicePoints